We are the states oldest and largest independently run coed soccer league (as far as we know!). We play coed rec games, 11v11, 90 minutes.
Our current “home” is Union Point
170 Memorial Grove Ave, South Weymouth.
Age minimums are 30 for men, 21 for women, if you do not need the age minimum, please email us before signing up.
Any skill set is welcome – we have players kicking a ball for the first time, to some who played at the college level – anyone is welcome, we are judgment free!
Games are on Friday Nights, broken up into 3 sessions – Spring, Summer, and Fall.
-Spring – usually runs from end of March/beginning of April – to the week before Memorial Day
-Summer – from week after Memorial Day to week before Labor Day (off week July 4th weekend)
-Fall – from week after Labor Day to last week of October/first week of November.
We do not play over the winter.
- WE WILL BE IN COMPLIANCE TO WHATEVER STATE, CITY, OR VENUE PROTOCOLS ARE FOR COVID 19. THESE COULD CHANGE AT ANY TIME
- Any player that contracts Covid must inform the league immediately and will not be allowed back on the field or on the premises until a negative test is provided to us or a doctors note clearing that you are safe to play. Failure to follow either of these procedures could lead to permanent removal from the league. Any personal PPE (masks, etc) will be allowed, as long as it doesn’t endanger the safety of any other players.
- All players must be registered. No unauthorized players will be allowed. To be considered registered, waiver must be signed, you must be paid for that session, and your name be listed on the roster page on this website. Roster spots are not guaranteed, payment/waiver must be done before each sessions deadline to be considered for a spot. For insurance and liability reasons, this will be strictly enforced. Any unauthorized players will leave immediately and those who brought them could be subject to further discipline and/or removal from the league. Under no circumstance should anyone bring an unregistered player or someone not on the posted roster.
- ALL PLAYERS, REGARDLESS OF GENDER, SHOULD BE ROTATED OUT EVENLY. Women should not only be subbing for other women, nor men should only sub out for men – this should be an even rotation. At no time shall a team have more than 9 players of the same gender on the field at the same time. This number can change depending on the session or specific week if an abundance of players are out. Refs and team captains will be informed if this number is altered.
- If a league coordinator or your team captain instructs you to sub out because you are taking to long of a shift or you need to cool down (or any other reason) than do so, failure to follow those instructions could lead to removal from that game, sitting out another game, or other discipline.
- Safety is a priority. Absolutely no slide tackling, hard tackles, or bicycle kicks. This could result in suspension or banishment from the league. Any unnecessary contact will be called a foul. Goalies are not allowed to slide feet first into an attacking player. A player can slide for a ball as long as no other player is around that might compromise the safety of anyone, including yourself. Sliding for the ball and playing the ball while on the ground is not permitted if near another player. Ball cannot be played on the ground while in the vicinity of another player.
- All substitutions are on the fly. Approval from the referee is not needed, unless they sent you off to “cool down.” Players are not allowed to substitute from opposite ends of the field at times that could result in any advantage on an offensive attack or to prevent a goal.
- It’s extremely rare for someone to get carded, but if anyone receives a RED card for they are to leave the field/venue immediately. If a RED card is given out for violent play the player will automatically suspended for the following game, and possibly more punishment pending league review. A second RED card for violent/aggressive play would result in lifetime banishment from the league. RED cards for non violent plays will be reviewed on a case by case basis. RED cards issued for non-violent play (eg – mouthing off) will not require a team to play a person down. Any persons banished from the league will not be allowed on premises for any South Shore Adult Soccer League activity.
- If a YELLOW card is given, the player will substitute out at the referee’s discretion, you can re-enter the game when the referee allows you to come back on. League coordinators, referee’s, and team captains also have the discretion to send players to the sideline to ‘cool off’ if they see fit.
- No badgering or harassing the referee about any calls. Also, no harassing or giving a hard time to any teammate or opponent for any reason, such as their skill set or letting up goals. Either of these could be grounds for suspension or dismissal from the league.
- Cleats are allowed in this league, but no metal or spikes. Shin pads are required to play.
Players will not be permitted to play if they are showing signs of any intoxication or under the influence of anything that compromises the safety of anyone, including themselves. This includes, but not limited to – alcohol, drugs, or medication. A player showing any signs will be asked to leave, and suspended for a minimum of one game.
- Uniform discretion is up to the referee. All teams are assigned a color, (sometimes the league will supply shirts) it is up to you to wear the appropriate color so that you don’t clash with your opponent (eg – if your opponent is wearing black shirts and you are on the blue team, do not wear navy or a dark blue). Wearing a shirt that clashes will be up to the referees discretion if you can play or not.
- Please do your best to inform us if you are not playing in the upcoming week’s game. We will be posting the matches weekly on Facebook, they will be posted here on the website, and an email will be sent with the schedule. Preferably – you can comment on our Facebook page, email us, or let your team captain know if you are not going to make it. Team Captains will also be receiving everyones cell # and will text everyone to confirm. If a team is short players we can use our wait list to fill in.
- Game locations, game times, and rosters are subject to change at any time, please always double check the website. Games are 11v11, 90 minutes. Make up games will likely made up during the week.
- Photos may be taken during anytime while in usage, by signing the waiver, you agree that your NIL (name, image, likeness) may be used in promotions, social media, or in any other aspect for the league, with no compensation given.
- Any player who misses games due to injury, illness, suspension, dismissal from the league, or any other reason, will not be refunded for any missed games. There is no “buyers remorse.” Refunds are ONLY issued for those who paid but did not receive a roster spot because we are full.
- League rules can be added or changed at anytime. By signing the waiver you acknowledge you are aware of this and do not have to be informed of any changes that are posted on this website. Any and all decisions/suspensions are made at the discretion of the league coordinators – Robert Bousaleh, Michael Tirrell, Lauren O’Donnell, Alicia Mikkola, and Gerry Fahey. Anything is reviewable for further discipline after a game, including but not limited to – decisions on calls, cards, suspensions, comments, aggressive play, not following covid procedures, and comments toward refs, other players, or teammates.